Warning about e-cigarettes and dangers to pets from the GSPCA

Submitted by GSPCA on 10:10, 20th Feb, 2014 | 0

Following reports that a puppy in Cornwall has died after biting into an e-cigarette refill, vets are warning pet owners to ensure they are kept out of reach of animals.

British Veterinary Association (BVA) President and vet Robin Hargreaves has said 'This is a tragic case and very worrying when you consider how many people are now using e-cigarettes. Nicotine poisoning acts very quickly and can be fatal, especially when large doses are involved.'